AET Announces 2017 College to Careers Day
BTS 400 - College to Careers to be held on Friday, April 14, 2017
Faculty in the Department of Applied Engineering and Technology have brought together an exceptional program for this year's College to Careers Day - or BTS 400.
For AET seniors planning to graduate in May or December 2017, the event is required for graduation. Faculty advise participants to to show up early, at the correct location and appropriately dressed. Professionals from each program area will be providing panel discussions and answering questions on preparing to enter the workforce.
Questions may be directed to department chair Dr. Tim Ross or the student's advisor.
AE&T's Distinguished Alumnus is Mr. Russell Sells III, owner and President of Bluegrass Tool & Industrial in Lexington, Ky. He graduated from EKU with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (now Applied Engineering Management).
The Distinguished Senior for AE&T is Mr. Horace Hunter– Aviation, Professional Flight Program.
Times and Locations
AEM and NET – Will meet in Whalin 348 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
A panel of Professionals from AEM and NET will present and hold a question and answer session. Panel includes:
- Russell Sells III– President, Bluegrass Tool & Industrial
- Joey Zwahlen– Computer Forensic Analyst, Meredian Technology
- Brandon Verhoeven – Network Engineer, EKU
Construction Management - Will meet in Whalin 150 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
A panel of Construction Management professionals will present and hold a question and answer session. Panel includes:
- Nick Ray– Habitat for Humanity
- David Curtis – Vertical Systems
- Jeremy Short – Gray Construction
- Joey Summers – Messer Construction
Aviation - Will meet in the Keen Johnson building (see attached announcement)
The program will consist of airline, airports, consultants and aviation related industries discussing the job market as well as providing an opportunity to network and learn from industry leaders from a variety of aviation careers and organizations.
- Grant Sutherlin– Director of Sales and Acquisitions, Airmart
- Luke Easley– First Officer, PSA Airlines
- Eric Frankle– Executive Director, Bluegrass Airport
- Linda Frankle– Vice President, ADK Executive Search
- Megan Thoben– Operations Manager, Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Endeavor Air
- PSA Airlines
- Blue Grass Airport
- Kentucky Aviation Association
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Air Wisconsin Airlines
- Marine Corp Officer Selection Officer
- EKU Center for Career and Co-Op
- AirMart –LEX
- Piper Aircraft
- American Engineers Incorporated –AEI
- Express Jet
- Eric Frankl -Executive Director, Blue Grass Airport
- Linda Frankl -Vice President, ADK Executive Search
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Kentucky Department of Aviation
- UPS Airlines-Quality Control
Published on April 12, 2017